Monday, January 13, 2014

Amazing weekend

This past weekend I was able to experience God in a way that I haven't been able to in a really log time. As some of you may know, I volunteer at church in our Middle School group. I also lead a D-group with my good friend Tiffiny. I love it! It took me a long time to put myself out there and to trust God to let myself be uncomfortable and be outside of my comfort zone. It has definitely stretched and strengthened me and I am looking forward I it continuing to do so. Back to what I was saying..... We all headed up to Forrest Home and oh my word, it was amazing! God spoke right to this aching heart and he knew I needed to be fulfilled by only what He could fill me with. The theme this weekend was Louder! Not being louder as a person but being louder for God. And maybe, just maybe being louder isn't always a good thing. You see, when we are loud, we aren't listening for God. We need to shut everything off and listen to the still small voice. Our tounges can be used as a hurtful and harmful weapon instead of being used for good. That isn't loving. In order to love others, we have to love God first. Loving God is vital to us just like breathing air. When we love God, amazing things can happen.  Coming away from this weekend, I was able to get to know some pretty fantastic 7th and 8th graders. I feel so privelaged to know them and I know they will make my life better for knowing them. There is something huge about pouring your heart into someone else's life, especially young people. 
 I'm thankful and forever grateful for the time I had at Forrest home this past weekend. I will forever be changed and never loose sight of the One who lovingly made me wholly and completely to love Him. 

1 comment: