Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 1 Weight Loss

Well....I did it! I lost 2.6 pounds! It was such an amazing feeling I even squealed on the scale! lol.  It was such an amazing feeling.

Yesterday was Admin appreciation day, and surprise! I was taken out to lunch.  Oh my gosh..my whole world was shaken.  I didn't know what to do.  I felt helpless.   But then I remembered what my "On Your Own" table says for lunches.  I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I did a lot better than I normally would have.  I got an omelet that had chili and cheese on it.  I only ate half.  So there was my 2 meats.  I had whole wheat toast. (next time I will ask them to only give me on piece, because I ate all of it.) There was my starch +1.   I also asked for fruit instead of potatoes.  I ate all the pineapple.  I was supposed to have a veggie, but I had a pretty large salad for dinner.

Over all yesterday was NOT a set back.  It was just learning how to eat on my own.  I think I could have made a better choice in what I was eating, but I think it also depends on where you go.  We went to Kara's Korner, and its just really good food that is bad for you.  Our office LOVES that place! They have the best clam chowder! But I need to learn what I can and can't eat there.   I felt pretty awe-full physically after I ate.  I ate way to much, felt it for the rest of the afternoon. I couldn't wait to go walking when I got home, and we did.  It even started to rain! It was lovely.

I'm excited for this week to see how much I will loose.  I'm on a 1500 cal diet this week, instead of 1700.  It's not a lot, but I know I can do it.  It will be just fine.   I am learning to become a book worm and I actually really enjoy it! I don't snack while I read, I'm too consumed in my book.

I'm already coming away with so many great things I have learned  and what life style changes I am going to make when I'm off of Jenny Craig.  I'm actually excited because I feel like I have useful tools! I understand what I am meant to do and how I am supposed to feel after I eat.  It's great!


Thanks for keeping up!



1 comment:

  1. Wow Amber, really inspiring. How powerful we are when we give ourselves the opportunity to be :) What I love is that even when you were not in control of your foodie surroundings, you made better choices. Sometimes those small shifts make all the difference, it doesn't have to be perfection all the time, and that is perfectly ok.

    This journey is all yours to discover, cherish, learn, and be victorious~~!! GO YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete