Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eating Healthier...Easter..No Excuses

This week I have decided to join Weight Watchers! I have done it once before in the past, but wasn't really into it.  This time around I will be able to go to the meetings and have the support given to me that way.  I'm actually really excited about it.  I have also been reading a book called, "Eat right 4 your type."  Its very good so far! I am also deciding to highly cut back on my milk products that I eat, as I know it causes mucus and I have issues with sinusitis.  I also have read about what type of exercising I should be doing that my body will feel the best and get the most out of.  It's very interesting all of the information i'm learning.  So far, it all makes perfect sense!

First item on the menu tonight (and we are also eating it for lunch, because it cooked over night!) is Chicken Taco Chili! I am having it for lunch today and the best part...wait for it.......It's only 5 points! for one and one fourth cup! Its super protein and fiber packed! I'm a happy girl! I can't wait to try it.  Later on this week I will be making these!

On another note. Justin had bought us both things for Christmas that we could use to be out in the world and getting healthier at the same time.  He bought me a beach cruiser and he bought himself some roller blades.  Well needless to say, those roller blades have never seen the ground and my bike, which is currently being stored at the parental's, was used for the first time this weekend by my brother! So we are definitely not using them.  Justin came up with the idea that we get mountain bike's so we can ride on hills, not just down by the beach.  It is really hard/impossible to ride up a hill on a beach cruiser.  I said okay! Hopefully we can get them sold.

 I have been doing a lot of soul searching in the last few weeks, dealing with a lot of my issues and why those said issues are even issues in the first place! phew.......  I have ultimately come up with the fact that no one can change me, but me. I am the biggest excuse maker in the world! I could really be a professional excuse maker.  It's really....sad.


One of my biggest problems is I dwell on what I am either lacking, failing in, or that I can't fix it right away.  It's become this horrible cycle of doom.  I control what goes in my mouth. I control when or when I don't go walking. I control how I say things to people.  God controls everything else.  So why can't I just do it? Because I'm lazy and I don't want to accept the amazing things that could be coming my way from putting in the hard work now.  I have some poundage to loose before having a baby.  I mean I seriously need to get healthy.  I can't hide behind  it, I can't run from it (because I literally can't run).



How was your Easter weekend????? Our's was super great! Church was amazing! Family was awesome! He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! That is always my favorite saying at Easter time.  It provides such comfort to me.  It is the true meaning of Easter!  I am eternally grateful for what God has done for me.   He gave the ultimate sacrifice so I could live... I continually am in amazement over this.  

I hope you all have a fabulous week! much love!  



1 comment:

  1. Wow love. So freaking proud of you...that is some deep and amazing soul searching. You are so right, and so wise to see that you are the creator of your health, and you can champion it head on! I'm always here for you if you need. I need to see these recipes!! Andrew loves chilli! YOu inspire me :) xo

    ReplyDelete