Thursday, January 20, 2011

A new chapter

I have recently been inspired by some really awesome people in my life to completely change the way I live my life. My best friend Kathy has really inspired me to really start living a healthy lifestyle. I see her drive and it makes me want to be a better person. She does such amazing things through her work and her personal life, she is a real blessing to me and the way I think. So I have joined Weight Watchers Online. Today is my first day and probably not the best day to join, but I really think this will help considering I am paying 18 dollars a month for the program. So we shall see where this journey takes me. My real inspiration to loose weight, is to have children. I refuse to let a baby grow in an unhealthy body. If I am to be its provider, it doesn't have a choice of the surroundings it grows in, I DO. I will be the best and provide the best for Our children. I have also made the choice to go back to the gym. So far this week I have gone once and the first day back was great! It's just a matter of making right choices and making time to go. With two jobs, life is super crazy.

Secondly, I have been inspired by a conversation my two sister in laws from Facebook. My awesome sister in law Sam is having trouble with my nephew William( who is amazingly adorable) waking up at 4a.m.! Sam is a working mama and obviously this just isn't condusive to a working mom's life! ( I would be a mess). My other amazing sister in law Jenn, made a suggestion that I really took to heart. She stated that when she went through it with her kiddos, she simply used that time for prayer and reflecting. So guess what I did this morning? I got up early and prayed for my family while I took an amazing shower watching the sun rise out of our bathroom window. It was an ahh hahhh moment for me. I love talking to God, it's one of my favorite times of the day. Watching His beautiful creation while doing this and taking a hot shower just seems absolutely wonderful. And it was! I have also started reading my Bible, not every day, but following a guidline we recieved from a guy Robbie who talked to us on Sunday at Church. You read one Proverbs and a couple Psalms everyday according to a month calendar. I have a whole new attitude towards reading the Bible.

I feel like there is finally balance to my life (or getting there), and I"m really loving it. I know there is a reason why we are where we are in our walk. I am happy to take it on and happy to walk with Justin by my side.

1 comment:

  1. Amber, you made me cry :)

    You are an amazing woman, tough, inspirational...and capable of all of this and a bag of baked lays chips!
    OM NOM NOM!!!

    I love you girl, here for you always, YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete