Monday, August 19, 2013

What are you grateful for?

As most of you know, I have been in therapy for the last 4 months or so.  This week, it will be the first time in those 4 months where I won't be going, due to so much going on and planned for the week.  A few weeks ago, my therapist (whom I love so much, and she totally gets me!) gave me my "homework" and she wanted  me to say 3 things that I was grateful for every day. I thought....I can do this.  I think it will make me a more positive person.

Justin and I have been wanting to deepen our relationship with each other and God.  I think it's every Christian married couples dream and intention to pray together every day. It has been something Justin and I have wanted to do, but have let everything under the sun get in our way of it.  When I came home from my appointment that day, I told him about what my therapist wanted me to do.  So we decided together that we would share what our 3 things that we are grateful for, and then pray together.  So far, so good.  We have really been blessed through this process.  I  feel like we are growing and I feel like we are rooted deeper into each other through this process.  I don't know how long it will last, but I do know I'm going to relish in this moment that we have and thank God for Justin every chance I can.

What are you grateful for lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment