Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankfulness

My new challenge to myself with going through this rough patch, is trying to find thankfulness in all that I do, say, see, hear.  Among all of my health stuff going on and trying to change my attitude right along side all of that, I have been feeling so down  and can't get out of it.  I remember seeing something that my sister-in-law Jenn posted one day about Thankfulness and Attitude.  It has really reemed me hard in the head and in the heart.  God wants us to gives thanks! and praise His name for all we have! Amongst ALL my annoying complaining, I was drowing out how greatful I am for things. 

I find myself daily talking to God now, and just giving him a laundry list of things I'm thankful for.  I tell Him why I am so thankful for the things I pray about.  I feel like my heart is starting to change as well.  This week one verse has really stuck with me, Philippeans 4:6 "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, give your requests to God."  Now, I know this verse is saying to give everything to God because His hands are in all we do, but I also find this verse to be a reminder that as much as God wants us to give everything to Him, we need to THANK Him for EVERYTHING! God loves a greatful heart. 

I know Thanksgiving is coming up, so I challenge you all to start today until Thanksgiving, (maybe it will stick longer) to Thank Him for anything and everything.  See how your outlook on life changes a tad. 

Blessings on all of you!

Thanks for listening. 

1 comment:

  1. Amber you are so amazing, you will get through this patch yet. You are more than strong - and our awesome God is guiding you through this. You have our support always woman :)

    ReplyDelete