Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jobs, Hopes and Dreams......

So as of yesterday Justin was given a raise at his review! He received a 2.5% raise, and he is expected to get a 4% raise in July! We are beyond blessed. This will happen every year as long as he is at City of Hope. It truly is a City of Hope, not only for the patients who get admitted there, but for the employees of that wonderful place. We have been overwhelmed by God's grace and support for us by giving Justin this amazing job. He is often very tired, but he thrives off of it. He loves every second he is at work! They also just launched the new blood mobile for City of Hope! It's AWESOME! I took a tour through it after the dedication/ribbon cutting ceremony that was held this past monday. I can't believe the generosity of the donor, for giving such a beautiful contribution to this awesome cause! Just remember...BLOOD=LIFE! As for me, Monday April 4th will be my last day working at Starbucks. I have gained more hours at the architectural job that I have. I'm not completely at 40 hours, but this will give me more time to focus on doing hair on the side. I was really missing doing it, so this will be exciting for me. I am doing a wedding in May, consisting of the Bride, and 4 or 5 bridesmaids. I'm really excited! I'm also doing Amy's (my sister in law) mom's hair for Ruthie (Amy's sister) wedding. So that will be fun! I feel so excited to look back at the last 6 months and see where God has directed me. I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be. No, I don't make as much as I would like to, or have the full 40 hours I would like to, but I am HAPPY! I'm already starting to feel more balanced, and will continue to strive to be balanced. We are still working on getting out of debt, but it's hard. We don't have much more coming in, and with getting hit pretty hard by the IRS on owing them $2000.00, we have been set back quite a bit. Which in turn means it is going to take even longer to have a child. We want to be completely out of credit card debt when we have our first kid. All the credit cards that are in our Debt Program we had to cancel, so it makes no sense not to get rid of those before we have a child. We have CONTROL over that much, the rest is fine. We just really want to be financially okay before we bring a child into this world. So I guess that's it for now.. Sorry it has been a while since I have updated. I miss all of you terribly, and I know I don't get to see your faces as often as we would like to. Hopefully this will keep up updated as to what is going on in our lives! Love you all, Blessings, Amber

1 comment:

  1. Amber, I Love you and your heart and both of your dedication and determination are so inspiring. It is loving what you get, not having what you want...and you have such the graceful attitude about life. :)
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete