Friday, March 14, 2014

It's a BOY!

I can't believe I forgot to blog almost 2 weeks ago to let you all know we are having a BOY!
Sorry for the delay! I know most of you are friends with me on FB, so you already know.  I have this blog to basically document everything that is going on.  It was super special, we had our ultrasound at 8:45 in the morning and my parents as well as Justin's mom were able to be there! We also had a surprise guest come in at the end which was super special to me and it was perfect that she was there.  Our dear friend Marianne.

I was the only one allowed in the room while the tech was doing all the babies measurements.  It took about 15 to 20 minutes of getting all the pictures they needed.  He was so squirmy, but she did a great job! Then she went to get the family.  She then started showing them his head, arms, legs, and all that good stuff.  She then asked if we were ready! She showed us his "goods" and sure enough, it was a boy! He was not shy!
We had already had a name picked out, and it was so special to be able to call him something, not just the baby.  His name will be Luke Matthew Gerhart.  We all were just so excited! I had forgotten to ask what he was measuring, so at our appt this week (almost 2 weeks later), my midwife had said he was measuring 19 weeks 2 days instead of 18 weeks 6 days.  So we will see if this progression goes further and he is going to be a big boy.
18 weeks 6 days

At my Dr. appt this week(20w/6d), everything went really good.  I've only gained 8 lbs at this point which is so good because of where I was at weight wise to start.  They seem to be really pleased with where I'm at.  All in all, everything is great!

My back is the only thing that is really bothering me at all.   I went to the Chiropractor yesterday and he said from here on out, it is probably going to get worse because of all the movement and changes.  He said just to keep coming in and getting adjusted.  I am currently sitting with a heating pad on my lower back at work, which helping immensely!  He even commented on how well I'm doing with everything.

Luke is kicking up a storm! Usually every other day he is super active and then the other days he is somewhat active but more calm and resting.  Today is a super active day! We can't wait for him to get here and hold him and touch his face.  He is our little miracle baby.

Thanks again for being on this journey with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment