Monday, August 5, 2013

Our not so new, new desk!

I thought I would take a break from everything else and share with you our amazing find this weekend! Justin has been wanting a desk where we can set up the lap top and printer so he can do his schooling.  Mind you, he's doing a 100% online bachelors degree and that's a lot of sitting.  Which is really good for him right now, since he still cannot bare weight on his foot.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*UPDATE ON JUSTIN* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we were driving by this cute little thrift shop here in town, called New Unto Others.  It is an awesome place to donate because they have a TON of charities that they give a percentage of their earnings to.  So we were on the hunt for a desk.  They had a ton of stuff sitting in the parking lot so I thought we could just stop by and swing in.  I immediately found this:
 I didn't get a good before picture as this is shown without the drawers and I have already sanded it down.  
What it actually is, is an old sewing machine table! and the detail on it, is just divine! 
Get this! We bought the table for $16 bucks! It was $20 and then because it was outside it was an additional 25% off! Can't complain.  We spend an additional $25 bucks on supplies.  
Now we had been looking for a desk that was just the right size for a while now.  The ones at IKEA were ok, but none fit the bill just right.  Then we found one at Target and it was perfect and cheap and $60.  I still wasn't sold on spending $60.  
So then we found this!   
So all in all we spent $41.  Yes it took some leg work and muscles, but it's exactly what I had in my head! 
I am not done with it but I'll show you some progress pictures and I'll show you the final product when I am done with it.  Enjoy! 
 As you can see the top is where the sewing machine would have been.  We will reinforce under neath with wood so it won't be unstable to write on it.  
These are the drawers! They look lighter because the room was brighter! 

Have a great day everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled by this... I want to see so much finished desk action!

    ReplyDelete