Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finding Peace through a Hurricane.....

It kinda sounds like an oxymoron.  No, it is an oxymoron.

These days, I'm struggling to find that peace.   We have many things going on right now and I have been a stress basket over each and everyone of them.  I keep crying out to God, telling Him I give it to Him.  But in reality, I really haven't.  I'm trying and trying and trying to release it, but I can't.  I don't know how.  WHY??


....Because I'm a control freak!


****Sad Day, right?



Yea, sad day is right.  Because until I learn to release that control, I will never experience the fruit that comes with giving God all the control in my life.  As I sit and think about all the craziness that is in our lives these days, I think is it really worth it?

NO! it's not.

I find myself running in the opposite direction of God and in that opposite direction, I find....pain, suffering, emptiness, loneliness, aggression, resentment.  All these things are serious and seriously no fun.  Especially when I bring all these feelings into my marriage.  Does it effect Justin? oh you betcha! I have always struggled to find balance in my life and a steady routine if you will.   Do I need to trust that  God will provide with all things, YES! Do i need to stop worrying, YES! So why is it so hard?


****Because I'm human? Yes.


So what do I need to do to rectify all these things?  Pray! Be in the word.  Push aside temptation and rebuke evil things.  Stay true to what God wants for my life and bare the fruit that He is so willing to freely give!

I've pushed God aside one to many times, but you know what? He still loves me.  I might not know all the Bible verses, I might not be some wonder Christian who knows everything, but I do know this! God loves me.  Like He really really loves me.  No matter how many times I fail Him, He will NEVER fail me.  Because He's awesome like that.

1 comment: