Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our favorite verse....

So today I revamped our page.  I hope you like it....i'm not an html genius so there are a few flaws but I will choose to ignore them.  lol.   And I guess that gives away about how hard I work at work..shhhh... lol.  On the header it has the bible verse Jeremiah 29:11


 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   


When I first met Justin, on our first date..... He prayed for our meal.  He was the first man I've ever gone out with who actually took initiative and prayed! Not to much later he let me in on his favorite bible verse, and this was it! Jeremiah 29:11.  Now I have always liked this verse, but Justin LOVES this verse.  Over the years, I know why.  It has also become my favorite verse out of the bible, because those words have such a strong meaning.  Our 3 years of marriage have been a rocky road with things like money, jobs, finances.  This gives us such a strong hope and security.  It is the best reminder that we will be okay and the God  will ALWAYS provide.  


It's funny...looking back He always has provided.  I remember a time right after I had lost my job and we had no money to pay our bills.  Not even to buy groceries... One day we received an unexpected tax return check in the mail of $500.00.  I don't know how it happened or where the error was.  It totally got us through and we had food on our table that month.  It was incredible.  Time and time again, God has always been right there holding our hands and holding us up.  He is the best daddy ever! ( So are you dad!) 


I hope you all can find as much meaning in this verse and find the same hope and security that we have found in it.  It is perspective and life changing.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber someday you will have money and oodles of baby's. Maybe like 500 babies.
    Anyways just wanted to tell you I like your blog, it has so much action on it now!
    ♥Lauren

    ReplyDelete